Reuters | Dec 07, 2018 05:00
(Adds link to complete list of offers)
CAIRO, Dec 6 (Reuters) - Egypt's state grain buyer, the General Authority for Supply Commodities, has bought 350,000 tonnes of wheat in an international purchasing tender, traders said on Thursday.
Of the total, GASC bought 290,000 tonnes of Russian wheat and 60,000 tonnes of Ukrainian wheat, traders said.
GASC is seeking the wheat for Jan. 21-31 shipment.
Traders gave the following breakdown of the purchase in dollars per tonne:
* Daewoo: 60,000 tonnes of Russian wheat at $236.30 and $15.90 freight equating to $252.20
* Daewoo: 55,000 tonnes of Russian wheat at $236.75 and $16.60 freight, equating to $253.35
* Aston: 60,000 tonnes of Russian wheat at $237.35 and $15.90 freight, equating to $253.25
* GTCS: 60,000 tonnes of Russian wheat at $237.40 and $15.90 freight, equating to $253.50
* Louis-Dreyfus: 60,000 tonnes of Ukrainian wheat at $236.60 and $16.70 freight, equating to $253.30
* Glencore (LON:GLEN): 55,000 tonnes of Russian wheat at $236.30 and $16.95 freight, equating to $253.25 For of a full list of offers presented at the tender, please click on (L8N1YB3GG)
Written By: Reuters
Trading in financial instruments and/or cryptocurrencies involves high risks including the risk of losing some, or all, of your investment amount, and may not be suitable for all investors. Prices of cryptocurrencies are extremely volatile and may be affected by external factors such as financial, regulatory or political events. Trading on margin increases the financial risks.
Before deciding to trade in financial instrument or cryptocurrencies you should be fully informed of the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, carefully consider your investment objectives, level of experience, and risk appetite, and seek professional advice where needed.
Fusion Media would like to remind you that the data contained in this website is not necessarily real-time nor accurate. The data and prices on the website are not necessarily provided by any market or exchange, but may be provided by market makers, and so prices may not be accurate and may differ from the actual price at any given market, meaning prices are indicative and not appropriate for trading purposes. Fusion Media and any provider of the data contained in this website will not accept liability for any loss or damage as a result of your trading, or your reliance on the information contained within this website.
It is prohibited to use, store, reproduce, display, modify, transmit or distribute the data contained in this website without the explicit prior written permission of Fusion Media and/or the data provider. All intellectual property rights are reserved by the providers and/or the exchange providing the data contained in this website.
Fusion Media may be compensated by the advertisers that appear on the website, based on your interaction with the advertisements or advertisers.